In the Homan Square neighborhood of Chicago, Sterling Park’s redevelopment represents the rebirth of a community. Located minutes from downtown, Sterling Park has taken advantage of its proximity to the Chicago Medical District, three CTA bus lines, a CTA train line and the Eisenhower Expressway, all within blocks. The UIC Campus is also just three miles to the east.
Royal Imperial Group developed Sterling Park on land and in buildings previously owned by Sears Roebuck and Company on the west side of Chicago standing on a 13 acre, 4 city block property. The complex of buildings on the site formed the original national headquarters, catalog warehouse, and product development for Sears from 1905 through the early 1980’s. Several buildings and features of the complex remain and have been added to the National Registry of Historic Places.
Following an award-winning redevelopment of Phase 1, Lofts on Arthington, Royal Imperial Group completed a successful disposition of Phase 2 to an end-user.